"I'm awesome because I am not afraid to fall,
nor ashamed to stumble.
Because I never wanted to be beautiful,
and I never pretended to be."

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Flappy & Cap'n



On one of my visits home, I spent a day watching cartoons with my 9 year old brohaha. Nothing really struck as interesting until a certain animated series came up; The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack. From the mind of Thurop Van Orman comes a cartoon about Flapjack, a young boy raised by a talking whale named Bubbie.
Flapjack leads a peaceful life until the duo rescue a pirate by the name of Captain K'nuckles, who tells Flapjack of an island called Candied Island, which is supposedly made completely of candy, and the sea around it is made of lemonade. Inspired by the adventurous pirate, Flapjack, Captain K'nuckles, and Bubbie get into strange predicaments and "misadventures" in search of Candied Island and the coveted, highly sought-after title of "Adventurer." The three spend most of their time in Stormalong Harbor, where they eat candy and get into mischief.

Since discovering it, I have become a huge fan and get excited onces it comes on. Flappy is ridiculously adorable and Cap'n mischevious ways balances the act. The drawings are sometimes disturbing, but that's what makes it awesomely great. The hilarity of the cartoon is by far one of the best I've experienced from an animated series on a kids channel. Thanks Bri!

No comments:

ATTN:
All images/videos/blahblahblah that appear on the site are copyright by their awesome owner and THE FSC claims no credit nor ownership for them, just mad love and appreciation.