"I'm awesome because I am not afraid to fall,
nor ashamed to stumble.
Because I never wanted to be beautiful,
and I never pretended to be."

Monday, March 9, 2009

Post Secret's of the Week:


As soon as I read this, it definitely rang in my ears over and over again. How many times have we watched our Mama's, G-Mama's, Papa's, G-Papa's, or other loved ones prepare a dish that strikes familiarity, comfort, and culture for us? Yet, 'till this day....have no idea how to make it? Taking it for granted are we? Yes. Or at least it is in my case, more-so with my Mama. I enjoy coming home and having a delicious authentic Mexican meal to my disposal yet it has never dawned on me to learn how to prepare it myself. I need to learn my mother's recepies, not just for my sake, but for my future children and also for remembering la madre when she is no longer in sight. So, it is safe to say that I'm going to get my Rachel-Ray on and learn from the very best, even if it means burning down the kitchen.


I don't uphold any form of inequality, but this secret is far too raw and real to not share. It fascinates me to find that the modern man is still plagued with prejudice and inequality. Just a reminder that our world is, still, nowhere near perfect. Yet at the same time, I like the fact that this is brutally honest. Even though it's a truth that saddens and somewhat infuriates me, I'd much rather people to be honest with themselves, instead of being a hypocrite. I hate when people believe and trick themselves to be all honky-dory. People... be real with yourselves. Address our issues, in a respectful manner, and maybe then we can patch things up.

Thoughts?

No comments:

ATTN:
All images/videos/blahblahblah that appear on the site are copyright by their awesome owner and THE FSC claims no credit nor ownership for them, just mad love and appreciation.