"I'm awesome because I am not afraid to fall,
nor ashamed to stumble.
Because I never wanted to be beautiful,
and I never pretended to be."

Monday, October 19, 2009

The wind is blowing, the rain is falling... it's finally here!

It's starting to finally feel a lot like Fall these days and I'm stoked for it. And it is pretty much entirely due to the fact that I get to drown myself in layers of pure comfort from now until February. But all in good style and fit, of course. It is no secret that I am obsessed with man-cesorries, so it should come to surprise that I am infatuated with scarves during the cold seasons. A scarf can add a great quality of dapper to an outfit and if fitted with a perfectly tailored peacoat can make you look like a million dollars. That's the truth. Although it is an essential for outdoor usage, I tend to lounge around my house in one too. It just makes me feel at ease and also gives me the perfect amount of warmth without making me break a sweat. Think about it, when it's cold you always have the heater on or a fire going, and still you get a bit cold, so then you go for a sweatshirt and then find yourself uncomfortable with, well, sweat. So, you're either slightly nippy or blazing (not the good kind). But if you just grab a lightweight hoodie and pair it was a scarf, you find the perfect balance of warmth that works hand-in-hand with your heating system.
Personally, I like my scarves to be long because you can tie them in very cool ways. But my go-to style is always that of wrapping a scarf around my neck 3 to 4 times and then tucking the ends in so it kinda resembles a cowl neck (see above pic). But with this style comes a bit of a problem if you're constantly on-the-go; it becomes tedious to unravel yourself and then wrap up again only to do so a couple more times though out the day. So to this, I have found a solution; the Snood. Yes, the snood:
Think of it as a scarf whose ends are fused together to form a doughnut shape. So instead of taking the time to wrap your shit up, all you got to do is put your head through the hole (insert "that's what she said" joke here) and you're set. Totally convenient and completely effective in giving off the illusion of the cowl neck look.
The snood is set to be the "new scarf" for both fall and winter this year, specifically because of its appearance at the Stella McCartney and Burberry Prorsum shows during Paris Fashion Week. Currently, you can find them pretty much everywhere and I highly suggest you guys venture into them pronto. As far as what I plan on rocking, Burberry has always been my main squeeze for anything related to cold weather apparel- they know how to perfectly unite both function and fashion in all that they do. Now, I just need to narrow down which one(s) will make the cut, so here's what I'm potentially working with:





Perfectly dapper, right? But you know what, It's been a bit since I've gone into Burberry for a lil something-something, so I think I'm heading there this weekend to better check out their snoods and their other Fall/Winter lineup. I'm excited but my wallet... not so much. Regardless, hope you guys have as much fun with the snood as I will this season. Enjoy.

No comments:

ATTN:
All images/videos/blahblahblah that appear on the site are copyright by their awesome owner and THE FSC claims no credit nor ownership for them, just mad love and appreciation.