"I'm awesome because I am not afraid to fall,
nor ashamed to stumble.
Because I never wanted to be beautiful,
and I never pretended to be."

Sunday, December 20, 2009

And end of an era: Martin Margiela says goodbye.

For various months there has been rumors of the retirement of mystery designer Martin Margiela from his mega genius empire. And it is with a tear in my eye that I have to say that the rumors have been in fact true. Just recently, Giovanni Pungetti, the head honcho of MMM, announced the official departure of Mr. Margiela. Sadness. But check this out, this douche seems to favor the decision because he believes the fashion whohaha's would be forced to "evaluate the collection and not focus on who has designed"it. Umm, excuse me but isn't that half of why MMM has become such an enigmatic fashion icon!??? I mean, don't get me wrong, the garments are blissful, but c'mon, seriously? Anyone would be lying to themselves if they didn't agree that the hype around the brand has mostly been the anonymity of Mr. Margiela himself. Shit, I'd give up my first born son to put a real face on the man who has given me millions of virtual orgasms through out the years. But let me simmer down a bit. I guess in some sense Pungetti is somewhat right and we should let the clothes speak for themselves. Regardless, it is a truly a sad sad SAD day in our time and damn it, I will always love you... even if you are just a stranger in the dark, Martin.

No comments:

ATTN:
All images/videos/blahblahblah that appear on the site are copyright by their awesome owner and THE FSC claims no credit nor ownership for them, just mad love and appreciation.