"I'm awesome because I am not afraid to fall,
nor ashamed to stumble.
Because I never wanted to be beautiful,
and I never pretended to be."

Friday, January 22, 2010

Chronicles: #2

    While reading Prince Pelayo's infamous KateLovesMe blog, I came across a post in which he reflects on his feelings about a new found "weird place" he currently resides in. Reflections are always mysteriously  reanimating to me and to read another persons was soul inspiring. As I scrolled down his post I came across a little collage that he created. It was until that moment that I started to do some reflecting of my own, which completely caught me off guard. I fell unreservedly transfixed and the collage sparked up feelings of uneasiness. I didn't know as to what it pertained to- all I knew is that I felt somewhat discomfited. But it was a good kind of anxiety. The longer I stared at the collage the more I became in-tune with what was truly bothering me: I felt incompletely complete. I don't know if that makes any sense, heck I'm still confused, but it's powerfully correct. I feel like a jigsaw puzzle that was finished by using other parts of other puzzles- a collage. I realized that I've reached out to other parts of people and somehow fused them into myself and ultimately created this entity that I thought was unique. This whole time I was thinking I was an individual and completely unscathed by other influences. I guess I unconsciously refused to see it. Yet, I didn't feel conquered or that I was living a lie. This realization made me just aware and I wholeheartedly accepted it.
    But then I also started to think: who in this world isn't impacted by others? And then I realized something really damn peculiar which is confusing yet makes sense too. As we live our lives we are constantly meeting and interacting with various types of people. We soon, whether we like it or not, start picking up characteristics and other tidbits of these people. Suddenly we become our very own collage. And like any collage out there- no two are alike. So in the end we are actually indeed individuals- we're just made up of other puzzle pieces that create our very own Mona Lisa. The chances of this not being an original idea by yours truly is probably high but I don't care. I'm just glad that I was able to disipher this uneasiness by myself and I can actually say that I'm glad I did. I was to some extent fearful but now, now I'm at ease. I love my collage and I unconditionally hope that all you do too- we are all beautiful pieces of art.

No comments:

ATTN:
All images/videos/blahblahblah that appear on the site are copyright by their awesome owner and THE FSC claims no credit nor ownership for them, just mad love and appreciation.