"I'm awesome because I am not afraid to fall,
nor ashamed to stumble.
Because I never wanted to be beautiful,
and I never pretended to be."

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

To dig or not to dig... that is my question.

I kind of don't know how to feel about these babies from Dior Homme's Spring 2010 lineup- part of me digs the legit subtle detailing and another part just can't fully love them for some reason. At close range these kicks are softly fresh and the exceptional placement of the shoelace truly piques my interest. But when you zoom out and see it from afar I feel like the subtle detailing gets entirely lost. The shoelacing on top ends up looking like one big bulky mess and for what I'm sure dons a hefty pricetag, I could just wrap up a long piece of shoelace on any ordinary hightop of mine. I just don't know. Maybe it's just the garments paired with it on the runway that just doesn't click: it doesn't do the shoes any justice. I would much rather have loved to see it alongside some navy trouser shorts or even just a slimmer version of the pants featured. Just something that would make it shine in all its beautiful glory. Like I said, I dig it but then I don't entirely dig it... but strangely I want to love it though. I guess I just need to let it linger a bit and maybe after seeing it at the storefront will I finally dig it 100%- but for now, Je ne sais pas. 

No comments:

ATTN:
All images/videos/blahblahblah that appear on the site are copyright by their awesome owner and THE FSC claims no credit nor ownership for them, just mad love and appreciation.