"I'm awesome because I am not afraid to fall,
nor ashamed to stumble.
Because I never wanted to be beautiful,
and I never pretended to be."

Monday, April 5, 2010

Rock & Republic is no more... kinda.

The LA based and once-upon-a-time popular R&R has filled chapter 11 bankruptcy but instead of closing its doors it will try to tough it out and do some serious restructuring. I had to do a double take when I read the headlines but then again I haven't heard or seen anything new from the ex-jean-power-house. It seems like just yesterday Rock & Republic was a top dog in the luxury jeans arena. I swear everyone HAD to have one and I couldn't go a minute without seeing someone wearing a pair down the street. Hell, I fell into the bandwagon and wanted to don the R&R logo on my ass too but (un)fortunately they didn't fit me right. But in these tough economic times I am not surprised that clothing companies are folding but one as popular as Rock and Republic? That just fascinates me. It proves that nobody is safe anymore. Hopefully their new chief restructuring officer Geoffrey D. Lurie can do his job and save the company from fully folding. Best of luck, R&R.

No comments:

ATTN:
All images/videos/blahblahblah that appear on the site are copyright by their awesome owner and THE FSC claims no credit nor ownership for them, just mad love and appreciation.