"I'm awesome because I am not afraid to fall,
nor ashamed to stumble.
Because I never wanted to be beautiful,
and I never pretended to be."

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Whooaaa, this is definitely not the Valentino that I have known and loved!


Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pier Paolo Piccioli are sure vamping up the famed fashion house and I don't know how I feel about it. When I think of Valentino, I think of romanticism, flowing garments, elegance and sophistication and this is not any of those things. Although I do think it's great to modernize a bit, this is just kinda tripping me out. Even though Valentino stepped down in 2008 his essence still remained... well, until the Spring 2010 Couture Collection came along. As soon as I saw the array of neon-tribal-cyberworld craziness, red flags were definitely raised in my head. And now with this little number, I'm just all types of concerned. Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy the short film and I do believe that Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott are great at what they do, it's just that I would never ever place rocker-heroine-chic in the same sentence as Valentino, EVER. Tell me I'm not alone here! There is some serious WTF going on here. Signor Valentino Clemente Ludovico Garavani, if you're reading this, get your incredibly genius orange self to your atelier and sprinkle some of your Valentinoness asap! Please. 

No comments:

ATTN:
All images/videos/blahblahblah that appear on the site are copyright by their awesome owner and THE FSC claims no credit nor ownership for them, just mad love and appreciation.