"I'm awesome because I am not afraid to fall,
nor ashamed to stumble.
Because I never wanted to be beautiful,
and I never pretended to be."

Friday, December 18, 2009

Alden, you make me a happy man.

Man oh man, do I have a love affair with Alden shoes. Each time I come across one, I just sit transfixed by its perfectly crafted beauty. The attention to detailing is beyond any I have seen before and the quality speaks light years away. I have mad respect for the their centuries old method of pure vegetable tannage and hand finishing- definitely a rare art in our modern world. Alden is primarily known for their immaculate oxfords, sturdy brogues, and elegant slip-ons but they also dabble in more modern designs, such as the ones featured above, and I love them even more for it. I'm just incredibly stunned by their prestige and it is no wonder they've been the makers of premier mens dress shoes since 1884. So if you don't own one already, I highly suggest you browse their online store catalog stat. You'll be craving them in no time. 

No comments:

ATTN:
All images/videos/blahblahblah that appear on the site are copyright by their awesome owner and THE FSC claims no credit nor ownership for them, just mad love and appreciation.