"I'm awesome because I am not afraid to fall,
nor ashamed to stumble.
Because I never wanted to be beautiful,
and I never pretended to be."

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Oh, New Zealand!



And guess who had this hilarious billboard commissioned? None other than the Archdeacon of the church behind it!!! Oh the foreign awesomeness!!! But not everyone has gotten the same lolz I got and instead are outraged that something like this would ever grace their über catholic presence. Sweet Baby Jesus says "calm down!" Or at least that's what I picture him saying. People fail to see that Archdeacon Glynn Cardy did this to spark up debate amongst people and not because he's some degenerate douchebag trying to defame God's holy name or something like that.

The Archdeacon described his intentions by saying: "this billboard is trying to lampoon and ridicule the very literal idea that God is a male and somehow this male God impregnated Mary." How insanely thought provoking is that!? I'm totally diggin' his liberal views of Christianity and would do anything to be able to hear one of his sermons. I'd probably get waaaay more out of it than I have had from years of being forced to attend mass as a kid. I'd be all ears for once. I know religion is always a sensitive subject but if we have questions why not ask them? Not everything is set in stone and having religious leaders understand that is something that is much needed in this world because for those of us that are on the fence, we're not alone in our questioning. But alas, not everyone can understand this and unfortunately the billboard was short lived as one disrespectful uptight bore decided to deface it within hours of its unveiling. Who's disrespectful now? Man, can't we all just hang out and drink Jesus juice together?

No comments:

ATTN:
All images/videos/blahblahblah that appear on the site are copyright by their awesome owner and THE FSC claims no credit nor ownership for them, just mad love and appreciation.