"I'm awesome because I am not afraid to fall,
nor ashamed to stumble.
Because I never wanted to be beautiful,
and I never pretended to be."

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Alexander McQueen is now designing in heaven.

March 16, 1969 - February 11, 2010
I just got home from classes and just as I started my internet viewing for the afternoon, I came across the most saddest and most unfortunate news that his royal creative genius Alexander McQueen had passed away. Shock is an understatement right now. I don't even know where to begin... I'm floored beyond belief and still can't get my thoughts together. As I try to put my jumbled emotions into words all I can do is close my eyes and think about all his brilliant creations: some made me elated, some made me cringe, some downright scared me, and some were just too genius for me to ever understand- but they ALL made me feel so alive, enthused, and in love with all that is fashion. I thank him for that. It is definitely 40 years too early for such an incredible artist to leave us but Lee McQueen is a legend and his mark on fashion will forever be alive. His genius was one of a kind, purely phenomenal, absolutely beautiful, and sadly irreplaceable. Today is definitely a sad day in the fashion world. McQueen, may God bless your loved ones during these hard times. I know you will be in good company with the likes of Coco, Yves, and Gianni... so I'm not too worried about you. Rock their world, brother. 

No comments:

ATTN:
All images/videos/blahblahblah that appear on the site are copyright by their awesome owner and THE FSC claims no credit nor ownership for them, just mad love and appreciation.