"I'm awesome because I am not afraid to fall,
nor ashamed to stumble.
Because I never wanted to be beautiful,
and I never pretended to be."

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Avant Garde? Pssssh, yeah R I G H T !!!

I’ve never heard of Isabel Mastache before but apparently lady is all types of crayyyyyzy. Usually, I love a crazy mind because it manifests itself sicktastically onto the runway but after viewing her lineup, in Madrid, I’m just thinking she’s in need of a visit to Shutter Island. As hard as I tried to see the beauty in her work I couldn’t get past the heavy amounts of plush vommitt. Everything seemed to be unnecessarily covered in beanniebabies and other puffy creations. But nothing was as bat shit bizaare as what is now being dubbed as “the penis trousers.” Just check it out:
here's a better up close and personal look....
I am more than positive that this is a fashion first on any runway. Actually, it's soo WTF that it's hilarious and I do give Mastache props. I'm still not feeling any fashion greatness from it but it's worthy of some sort of appreciation. Regardless, I still feel that the collection was an epic fail altogether. Isabel claims that her work is "avant garde" but obviously she was hungover when that was covered in design school cause her work is more "obnoxious and useless" than anything else. Sad. 

No comments:

ATTN:
All images/videos/blahblahblah that appear on the site are copyright by their awesome owner and THE FSC claims no credit nor ownership for them, just mad love and appreciation.