"I'm awesome because I am not afraid to fall,
nor ashamed to stumble.
Because I never wanted to be beautiful,
and I never pretended to be."

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

i'm a douche. sorry. catch up time!!

Wasabbiiiiiiii, mothalovahs!!!!??? Oh my YSLCCMQ (the holy trinity that is Yves Saint Laurent, Coco Chanel, & McQueen, duh!) have I completely sucked a big one at blogging. With ho-ing myself out to classes and then becoming a slave at work (yes, I got one of those!! Whaaa??) day in and day out, I've had quite the hectic semester. When I do have some free time you'll either find me stuffing my face with some kind of glorious burrito/tacos/chimichangas/alloftheabove or giving my drunken best rendition of "Benny and the Jets" at some dive bar at the beach. Yeah, blogging hasn't been on my mind. Hey, would you rather me lie to you or own up to my bitchassness? Haha. BUT, I have been tweeting daily though (I know, how does that make sense???), so just incase I go on a bender again get your stalker-self over to my twitter @AnEclecticMind to see what I'm up to.

Anyway... so a lot has gone down since I've been on the bro stroll but the only thing that has me crying at night in horror has been... 

GallianoGate:
When I first heard of Galliano's Mel Gibson escapades in Paris, I was shocked and about to fly over there and slap the peasantry out of the accusers for saying such a thing about my favorite real life pirate. Galliano? Anti-semetic? No chance. But as soon as I had finished my "Moses hearts Galliano" t-shirt, The Sun got ahold of a video (click to view) and a gaze of "Oh, hell to the naaah! Galliano, whyyyyy!!??" came over my face. This is what he so biligerently but clearly said:
"But I love Hitler. People like you would be dead. Your mothers, your forefathers, would all be fucking gassed. You're ugly."
My level of disappointment and disgust was worse than when I saw a man wearing overalls, a fannypack, and crocs at the same time! Horrendous! But seriously, it was just a very big let down to know that a person of such creative genius and designing greatness would carry such views. Taken that he was drunk, it still is no excuse to say such nauseating remarks EVER. I'm still in disbelief and I've become torn as to what to think of his work; a part of me can't deny how otherworldly talented he is as a designer and how his collections have enthralled me time and time again and then a huge part of me feels McDirty by supporting him. So that's my question, can/should you seperate the art from the person? Business versus personal? But how can you respect and love one and hate the other? It truly is quite a predicament. I'm also disappointed that we wont be able to see his creations for quite a long time. I'm positive this will blow over but not anytime soon. It's just a sad and unfortunate situation for fashion and just humanity in general. Au revoir, Galliano. For now. 

Btw, how'd ya like my lil photo editing skills? Haha.

images via wenn.com, vanity fair, the googles

Follow my shenanigans on twitter!

14 comments:

Jason Laucht said...

the 1st pic is just so funny :D

jasonitos.com

Malu Rivero said...

I just can't believe I wasn't following you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
O.O!
I adore you!
I'm so disappointed with myself!
And I was missing you haha

About Gallianooo... no hay palabras!

The song of Kim is... just fine

and... like always! I totally agree with you in all!
Brilliant!

Y... estoy pareciendo una abuela!
so I shut up and say... see you on your next post!
:
Besitos!

Andrés Corella said...

Hahah well you sure spoke your mind...but I think you are right...its a shame everything that went down with Galliano..but I dare say not because someone is very talented and makes beautiful and takes your breath away clothes it means he/she is a nice person..sometimes very talented minds..can be very troubled minds too...Love the fashion at the oscars...Hilary Swank killed it with that dress...and Lady Gaga..she is truly something you can talk about for a long ass time so to not extend myself and make some sort of book I´ll just say..the production of the video, the images, the photography, colors and editing are superb...Nick Knight is a freaking genius...

xx
Andy

NRC♥ said...

awesome post glad your back, your writing is soo funny.

Anonymous said...

Ah ah ah that Galliano's photo is soo funny! Mean while I'm very disappointed too..

Law1sfab said...

This made me laugh so hard !! Great post yeah it's all go, Lady g I love her but not feeling the new video at all. Oh no Gall needs to go to rehab as he clearly was on something, I think he needs to say sorry and sort it out. I love this post haha

ice pandora said...

Welcome back ^^
I know.. school is a drag..
Anyway I'm sharing the same thoughts about Galliano, what a waste!
There goes his carreer while others are dying to be in his shoes.

Kim Karadashian failed hard with her new single. I think every realitysoap stars who's attempting to start a singing carreer fails anyway (like Heidi Montag)

xx

Bisous Natasha said...

Ha I love your editing of Galliano. Poor soul. Oh well I guess the juicy bit will be whose the next HBIC of Dior? I honestly can't imagine anyone else really.

As for Kimmy Cakes, I dont like the autotune, it's a bit much. I want to see the video though. Yes I confess to watching the Kardashians but everyone has their limits pleeease !

And Lady Gaga. Where do I begin. There is nothing 'controversial' left in her. I'm sorry maybe it's my age and the fact that I have been exposed to so much tits and ass that I didn't even blink when she gave birth to that machine gun. What i would really enjoy is seeing her in a pair of jeans and a top. Hey she can keep the freakishly tall heels on, but I am just tired of the costumes. Loved Rick Genest though. I'm just not a 14 year old anymore who turbospazes at everything on TV. +_+

KC said...

that galliano photo is funny. but yeah, what he did was such a huge disappointment.

nouveauskin.blogspot.com

l'Oscar revient aux jeunes said...

çà fait longtemps que nous ne sommes pas passé par ici , il y a toujours autant de fraîcheur et d’humour !
On adore !

Marinka said...

John's is such a disappointment right now !
I don't like Kim's new single, I think that artist should stick to art and tv reality stars to TV shows. I miss good and meaningful song, I feel like the music industry has lost its essence in a way.

Jeffrey Carpenter said...

couldn't have said it better myself.

Berta said...

First... about Galliano.. for me it has been his end... I am so sorry, cause I think he is really talented but none can pass this kind of comments...for me it´s his end.

And in the Oscar. well I really like Cate Blanchett I think she looks different and really smart.

Hope to hear from yoou! sorry for my English again and again but I am learning nwe things!

Elle said...

Kim's "JAM" was sooooooooo terrible I couldn't even listen to a whole minute of it.... GOD! People think just because they're rich and/or famous (both in her case) that they can adventure into every division of entertainment! UGH! She's terribooooo. Worse than Hilary Duff, Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton... Kim Kard-ASS-ian (as you so eloquently put it) was the WORST! BLEGH!

Anyway my darling.. great post as always. Much love to you!! And I couldn't agree more on the love/hate feelings towards the talented yet crazy Gaga!

<3 xoxo,
Ellebabyyy

ATTN:
All images/videos/blahblahblah that appear on the site are copyright by their awesome owner and THE FSC claims no credit nor ownership for them, just mad love and appreciation.