"I'm awesome because I am not afraid to fall,
nor ashamed to stumble.
Because I never wanted to be beautiful,
and I never pretended to be."

Thursday, October 6, 2011

“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of other’s opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.” - Steve Jobs (1955-2011)

The Zeus of the technology world and co-founder/innovator of Apple, Steve Jobs sadly went back to Mt. Olympus yesterday, Wednesday October 5th, at 56 years young after battling health problems attributed to a rare form of pancreatic cancer. Although it's such an incredible loss to the tech arena, his legacy will forever live on as he has reshaped the digital world forever. I think it is safe to say that he has a permanent spot in the top 10 of world innovators of a lifetime.
[my instagram photo- follow me @RGratz]
This morning I was in downtown San Francisco and happened to pass by the Apple flagship store and like many other Apple stores nation and world wide, people have been paying tribute to Steve Jobs, leaving behind notecards, sticky notes, flowers, and even actual apples. I stuck around in awe for a while because 1. this Apple store was THE Apple store - remember, Steve Jobs created the Macintosh in the Bay Area California-  as SF has been the symbolic motherland of Apple, so it felt like we, the Bay Area brethren, were mourning the loss of a cherished family member and 2. I literally could not stop thinking about how much of an incredible revolutionary force Steve was. It really boggles my mind on how a single person can be so groundbreaking and influential. See, many can create things, but not many people can create actual worlds and empires with their creations. Steve was one of them. He was the Da Vinci of our time and technology. 

RIP, Mr. Steve Jobs. iForever.




image(s) via myself on instagram
follow my shenanigans on twitter!

No comments:

ATTN:
All images/videos/blahblahblah that appear on the site are copyright by their awesome owner and THE FSC claims no credit nor ownership for them, just mad love and appreciation.