"I'm awesome because I am not afraid to fall,
nor ashamed to stumble.
Because I never wanted to be beautiful,
and I never pretended to be."

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Je ne sais pas, Alex Mabille.

Does anybody else feel that this piece would’ve been much better minus the chiffon sleeves? But I wouldn’t entirely remove all the chiffon detailing though. I’d keep the collar. It would definitely be an Oscar redcarpet worthy dress- it’d make Rachel Zoe die. Other than this flashy opus, I wasn’t totally impressed by the Alex Mabille 2010 Couture show. Most of the pieces were very jigsaw puzzle to me and although I can see and totally respect Alex’s amazing cutting dexterity I just didn’t feel incredibly wowed. For the most part the collection oozed futuristic-spacecraft-flight-attendant but it just wasn’t showstopping enough for me. It was an ok show but not as memorable as previous collections by Monsieur Mabille. But I’m more than possitive that he’ll snap back to his grandeur in no time. Please.

No comments:

ATTN:
All images/videos/blahblahblah that appear on the site are copyright by their awesome owner and THE FSC claims no credit nor ownership for them, just mad love and appreciation.