"I'm awesome because I am not afraid to fall,
nor ashamed to stumble.
Because I never wanted to be beautiful,
and I never pretended to be."

Monday, February 8, 2010

Brodarte... hmmmm?

A couple of weeks ago I came across a surge of postings about some menswear creations by the ladies of Rodarte. I wasn't totally impressed and I was kinda sad about it. I mean, I have mad love and respect for the Mulleavy sisters but I expected nothing short of sicktasticness. Alas, I ignored them. But a couple of days ago I actually saw a broseph wearing a cardigan that resembled the same aesthetic as the Rodarte ones and I most definitely digged the crap out of it. So I then decided to give the cleverly dubbed "Brodarte" a second look. After doing some serious zooming at the creations I had a newfound appreciation for them. The haphazardly arranged threads are genius. I love the rugged, deconstructed, worn and torn deal that is going on and I also love the fact that they remind me of the "Where the Wild Things Are" monsters. Nostalgic and creative? Fuck yeah! But what I don't really agree on is their pricetag of $2,670. I think they're awesome and all but, shit, not THAT awesome. Despite this financial major setback, I give them my full approval and I really hope that we get to see more Brodarte pieces soon. Oh, and fairly priced ones for that matter. Gracias. 

No comments:

ATTN:
All images/videos/blahblahblah that appear on the site are copyright by their awesome owner and THE FSC claims no credit nor ownership for them, just mad love and appreciation.