"I'm awesome because I am not afraid to fall,
nor ashamed to stumble.
Because I never wanted to be beautiful,
and I never pretended to be."

Monday, August 30, 2010

I watched the Emmy's... not dissapointed!!!

The T.V. Oscars Emmy's took place last night and for once I made an effort to sit and watch it unfold. I'm definitely glad I did. The opening number was hilarious, especially the lols I got from the trainwreck that was Kate Gossiling cameo (I still don't think she understands that she's the joke, not part of it) and Betty White shimmying away with Jon Hamm was also splendid. Hah! When it came down to the awards, the only categories that I was fond of was the Comedy and Reality section, typical. I was as lost as one Miss Heidi Montag would be at a Barnes and Noble in the others. I believe for TV to be for nonintellectual slapstick shits and giggles-- the serial killer kililng serial killers, dying cancer man playing meth scientist, and the trials and turmoils of a NYC nurse is just too much for my gentle soul. But to my dismay, I think I'm going to hit up Netflix/hulu/ondemand to see what all the Emmy fuss is all about. As much as I'm infatuated with Glee, Modern Family tickles my fancy even more, so when they nabbed the "outstanding comedy series" award, I almost pulled one of these. So, congratz to them!

Now that my Emmy's kindasortamaybenotreally love is out of the way, lets highlight the most important part of it- the redcarpet. If this year is a testament of years past than I slap myself silly for not tuning in sooner! These Emmysians (which is what THEY reffer themselves as- I think) sure turned it out!! I was thoroughly impressed beyond any of my expectations and here are my favoritos of the evening:

The sultry whites and gold godesses:
Kim Kardashian in Marchesa Resort 2011
Brooke Burke in Mark Zunino
Amber Riley in custom Melissa Masse
Sophia Vergara in Carolina Herrera

The Midnight Blue beauties:
Jayma Mays in Burberry Prosum
Leah Michelle in Oscar De La Renta Resort 2011

Jenna Krakowski in Escada

Dapper in Black babes:
Kelly Osbourne in Tony Ward Couture

Susan Sarandon in Donna Karan (which btw, DAAAYUUUMM!!)

Dexter's Jennifer Carpenter in Oday Shakar

Now my "Sexy-can I" hotties:
Maria Menounous in Ralph & Russo
Nina Dobrev in Zahair Murad
Jessalyn Gilsig in Nicole Miller

And now THE BEST DRESSED of the night (it's a tie) crowning winners of redcarpet perfection of the evening:
Dianna Argon in Carolina Herrera Resort 2011
January Jones in Atelier Versace

Oh, and you can't forget about the fellahs:
Modern Family's director, Jason Winer
Glee's director, Ralph Murphy in Tom Ford 2010
Mad Men's Jon Hamm in Giorgio Armani

And the WTF's of the night:
Niya Riviera in Simin
Such a shame because she's one of the most beautiful girls on Glee.
But then again gangstah did recently key her boyfriend's car...

 Mario Lopez
Seriously, homeboy is wearing more facepaint than a Kardashian!

And thus concludes my Emmy's shenanigans. Can't wait for next years and if I missed someone or you have a problem with my likings... then dish it out! Comment, mothalovahs, COMMENT! :P



images via everywhere on the net

[Follow me on twitter]

No comments:

ATTN:
All images/videos/blahblahblah that appear on the site are copyright by their awesome owner and THE FSC claims no credit nor ownership for them, just mad love and appreciation.