"I'm awesome because I am not afraid to fall,
nor ashamed to stumble.
Because I never wanted to be beautiful,
and I never pretended to be."

Monday, October 29, 2012

checkered awesomeness with louis vuitton.

A couple months ago a friend of mine gifted me a Louis Vuitton Damier Canvas Wallet. At first I wasn't too keen on it because when it comes to small leather goods, I prefer the whole rustic vintage look and also because NOW I have to buy him an equally as expen$ive gift; bastard! There goes my Mexican food fund. But then I immediately asked myself "WWKD??" and within two seconds, Kanye sent me his advice through a holy wind tweet and thus I decided I would give it a go. As days progressed, I became fascinated with the understated grandeur of the checkered canvas. I even started playing Chess with the homeless guy that rummages through my recyclables. He won every time and I hid all my cans from him for a week out of spite. Judge me. Anywho back to the Damier... I'm obsessed. There's an undeniable essence of refinement and it commands respect not by over-branding, as say a piece of the Monogram LV✦✪ canvas counterpart, but by it's impeccably clean craftsmanship. It has since become my main squeeze and I've pretty much become a Damierholic.  As much as I want to outfit myself with everything Damier, I've realized I'm running out of organs to sell. So instead, I've compromised; say "bounjour" to my little ami, the Sign It Bracelet in Damier.  


At $310, I think it's pretty reasonable for owning something LV. I mean, I'd probably recommend nabbing yourself a wallet first (190 bucks more), but I already have that checked off. I enjoy a good MANcessory and this little guy would make for a solid every day one. You could rock it single handedly with a fancy watch for a very sharp look while you eat Baluga Whale Sperm A La Mode or whatever it is that the 1% eat or you could pair it with some awesome beads and other random shindigs to make it hipster snappy. C'est awesomique, non? OUI!

Visit Louis Vuitton for more information and other products here.







image(s) via louis vuitton
follow my shenanigans on twitter!

No comments:

ATTN:
All images/videos/blahblahblah that appear on the site are copyright by their awesome owner and THE FSC claims no credit nor ownership for them, just mad love and appreciation.