"I'm awesome because I am not afraid to fall,
nor ashamed to stumble.
Because I never wanted to be beautiful,
and I never pretended to be."

Saturday, March 14, 2009

This 8 Year Dresses Better Than You!!!

While reading this months editon of GQ, little Arlo Weiner became my hero. The 8 year old from LA has more style than anyone I know. His Oliver Twist meets Royal Tenebaums look is original and captivating, fillled with top hats, striped bow ties, crushed velvet jackets, madras pants, ascots, and all types of plaid ensembles. The kid is soo fresh to death, mixing and matching bright colors and patterns in an adventurous yet stylin’ manner. The kid is definitely a budding fashionisto and I only pray that my kids are as legit as he is one day.

Here are some of his looks and his descriptions:

"This is my Valentine’s Day outfit. The jacket and the pants are velvet. I love the tie because it’s really two ties stacked on top of each other. (My dad had to tie it for me.) The pink tie matched the pink shirt. I wore brown-and-white argyle socks for a random pattern."

"I have a lot of black outfits these days, so I needed the red ascot to add some color. I love red and black together—they each make the other stand out. I’ve worn this to school about 12 times."

"The hat is like a Frank Sinatra hat. I wore the jacket with the tie because green and gray are my favorite blend. I’m holding my dad’s bag in the picture, but at school I use my dad’s old brown leather satchel."

"This is my favorite outfit. The tie is a regular tie, but I tied it like that because I’ve seen it done that way in old English movies. Even though the tie and the jacket are different colors, they’re both striped, so I thought they looked right together. And I wore the vest and pants together because they’re both shades of red."

No comments:

ATTN:
All images/videos/blahblahblah that appear on the site are copyright by their awesome owner and THE FSC claims no credit nor ownership for them, just mad love and appreciation.